Saturday, July 1, 2017

The New Bible Project (#5 for the year!)

RSV Bible. 1977. Oxford University Press. 1904 pages. [Source: Gift]

So this is the fifth Bible I'll be reading for the year. It is Revised Standard Version. Technically it is the New Oxford Annotated Bible. But I will be treating it like a text-only Bible and not reading the book introductions or the notes. (I've heard that they're awful!) This is a new-to-me Bible that formerly belonged to my aunt. (She didn't read the notes either.) But I've heard some nice things about this translation. So I'm excited to give it a try!

I started this Bible on Saturday, June 24, 2017. In the first week I've read Genesis - 1 Samuel 15. I'm not sure when my target end goal is. But it would be lovely if it was mid-August!

The first four were:

  1. New English Bible. 1970/1990. Illustrated by Horace Knowles. 973 pages. [Source: Bought]
  2. Holy Bible. 21st Century King James Version (KJ21) Edited by William D. Prindle. 1888 pages. [Source: Bought]
  3. Pursuit of God Bible -- NIV. 2013. 1587 pages. [Source: Gift]
  4. Reformation Heritage Study Bible--KJV. Edited by  Joel R. Beeke, Gerald Bilkes, and Michael Barrett. 2014. Reformation Heritage Books. 2218 pages. [Source: Birthday Gift in 2014]

© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

1 comment:

Kelly-Belly said...

Love this blog! I am doing a read through the Bible in a year this year. This is my third time around, and it has really had an impact on my life!

Usually the only time I read the introduction and comments/insights is in The Study Bible...I bought it when I was a teenager (and then didn't read it much at the time). Anyway, one of the contributors is Philip Yancey. I really enjoy him!

Thank you for this blog, and thank you for encouraging people!