Saturday, October 31, 2015

"Christians Get Depressed Too" Playlist

This month I've reviewed two books by David Murray. One was Christians Get Depressed Too. The second was The Happy Christian. Last Sunday, I shared "The Happy Christian" playlist. It was great fun for me. But I think it's only fair that the other book gets a playlist too. Though in many ways, there is a good deal of overlap.

In choosing songs for this playlist, I kept several things in mind. I was looking for songs that came from an honest, oh-so-human starting place. A place that acknowledges that life isn't easy and happy-clappy all the time, or, even most of the time. A place that acknowledges that it's normal to feel a wide range of emotions, to be vulnerable. But I also wanted to choose songs that illustrate the journey out, that shifted the focus perhaps from circumstances and self to God and Jesus and HOPE. The point of this playlist is not to celebrate darkness for the sake of darkness but to celebrate LIGHT.

"Blessings" by Laura Story.

"Untitled Hymn" by Chris Rice

"Broken Hallelujah" The Afters

"God, Is It True (Trust Me)" by Steven Curtis Chapman

"I Will Trust You" by Steven Curtis Chapman

"Praise You In This Storm" by Casting Crowns.

"Never Once" by Matt Redman.

"Sovereign" by Chris Tomlin.

"You Never Let Go" also by Matt Redman.

"Joy" by Rend Collective.

"No More Faith" by Andrew Peterson

"Questions" by Steven Curtis Chapman

"Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone)" by Chris Tomlin

"Faithful" by Steven Curtis Chapman

"Good Good Father" by Chris Tomlin

"Hold Me Jesus" by Rich Mullins

"Jesus Will Meet You There" by Steven Curtis Chapman

"All the Way My Savior Leads Me" by Chris Tomlin

"Give Me Jesus" by Fernando Ortega

"Cry Out to Jesus" by Third Day

© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: