Friday, March 20, 2015

Focus on Matthew 11:28

One of my March memory verses is Matthew 11:28. Though I've chosen to memorize this verse in the ESV, I thought it would be interesting to see how other versions of the Bible translate this verse. After all, almost more important than memorization is meditation and understanding. And reading in various translations can help with that!

  • All ye that travail, and be charged, come to me, and I shall fulfill you [and I shall refresh, or fulfill, you].  (Wycliffe)
  • Come vnto me all ye that laboure and are laden and I wyll ease you. (Tyndale)
  • Come unto me, all ye that are weary and laden, and I will ease you. (1599 Geneva)
  • Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. (KJV)
  • Come to me, all ye that labor, and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. (Webster's Bible Translation)
  • Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. (ERV)
  • Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. (ASV)
  • "Come to me, all you toiling and burdened ones, and *I* will give you rest. (Weymouth)
  • Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. (RSV)
  • Come to me and I will give you rest (Living)
  • Come to me, all of you who are weary and over-burdened, and I will give you rest! (Phillips)
  • “Come to me, all of you who are tired from carrying heavy loads, and I will give you rest. (GNT)
  • Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. (NKJV)
  • “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. (NIV)
  • Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. (NASB)
  • Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. (NLT)
  • “Come to me, all of you who are struggling and burdened, and I will give you rest. (CJB)
  • Come to Me, all of you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. (HCSB)
  • Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. (ESV)
  • Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavily burdened, and I will give you rest. (MEV)


© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: